Here are the facts:
- According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, 40% of first marriages, 60% of second, and 73% of third marriages end in divorce.
- Premarital counseling increases the likelihood a couple will seek out and use future marital and family services at the first signs of mental distress compared to couples who had not had premarital counseling. (www.prepare-enrich.com)
- A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology showed couples who had participated in some type of premarital counseling program were 31% less likely to divorce.
- The median amount of time that a couple spent in premarital counseling before getting married: 8 hours. (healthresearchfunding.org)
- A happy marriage is one of the most important life objectives for 93% of Americans. (healthresearchfunding.org)
- According to www.costofwedding.com, couples in the Albany, NY area spend between $29,491 and $49,151 on average for their wedding over a period of an average of 15 months. Premarital counseling costs 1-2% of this amount.
- Trinity Cottage Counseling uses the PREPARE/ENRICH model for assisting couples before and after they say “I do.”
You’re planning your wedding. Plan for what happens on Day 2…and every day after that. Schedule your appointment today.
Details coming soon!